5 replies to this topic
    fatgirl2015
    • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

1 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:00

Hi,

I am a larger lady and about to visit DLP in the next month. Are there any weight or size restrictions for the rides?

We are going with young children so I would like to plan ahead what rides I can go on to avoid any issues when I try to get on the rides and then can't.

I can fit in a airplane seat but need an extended seat belt. Uk Size 26/28.

Any advice appreciated.

Fatgirl2015

tom.corse
    • PipPipPip

Galactic Hero

PipPipPip

363 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:10

Hi,

i don't think there is any weight restrictions but the access can be restricted for safety (belt size, etc.).

Maybe you could have a look at the accessibility guide : https://brochure.dis...ogue/index.html

and especially the advices for the expectant mothers.

Ptree47223
    • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

9 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:16

Another big girl and I will also be making first trip to dlp soon other forums have said only problems maybe space mountain or thunder mountain.  Disney does make an effort to make rides accessible to all can't say for sure for DLP, but no problems with any rides last year at WDW. My Brother who is larger male  was little tight on some roller coasters but able to ride everything.

Yensid
    • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

9 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:29

Hi,

Most Disney rides have 'park bench' style seating, so if you fit in a train or airline seat you should be OK.

If you're going with children and you don't think you'll fit when you get to the ride vehicle, then simply clip them in and ask the cast member if you can exit and watch from the side. No one will mind or notice.

Equally it's OK to ride on your own in the carriage, either before or behind the people you're going with and meet them at the exit.

If you do go for it and there are 'buckle or clip' seatbelts fitted, its worth pulling the belt out to its widest position before you sit down and then get comfortable.

Some of the rides that have fixed safety bars may cause a little discomfort against your waist on the ride, but the 5 minutes or so of discomfort is more than worth it for the experience.

From my own visits, and if you're still worried, you may want to think carefully before attempting:-

Studios

• Cars Quatre Roues Rallye​ (Seat belts quite restrictive in terms of length)
    • Crush's Coaster (Seat - rather than bench seat)
    • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith (Seat rather than bench seat)

Disneyland Park

• Space Mountain - Mission 2 (Restrictive space wise for larger people like myself)​
    • Orbitron (Single seats one behind the other, with very restrictive movement - making entry and exit rather ungracious)
    • Autopia - (lower seating and ease of access can be tricky)
    • Casey Jr - le Petite Train du Cirque (need to pick the right carriage before riding)
    • Mad Hatters Tea Cups  (Spin mechanism in the middle can be tricky to navigate around)

Still lots of other rides to do and of course parades and shows make it a fantastic holiday.

Ptree47223
    • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

9 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:26

We have been here for few days now and only ride my brother was unable to ride was crush the lap bar was issue for large belly I was comfortable. the rc coaster was issue for me top heavy but one seat in front row is larger and was able to ride comfortably there. no other issues of note some tight or tricky as mentioned above.
    Yensid
    • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

9 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:48

Glad it wasn't too tricky and hope you had a great time?

Invision Power Services, Inc. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.