• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
Clonakilty
  • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

1 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:51

I am going to Disney at the end of  August and I am keen for my children to have photos taken with the Disney characters. I know the Auberge is the best place for the Princess interaction but I also know that my kids will not eat whats available on menu!!! I'd get over the fee if they were at least fed...

Do I need to go there or will I be able to meet  many of the characters as you go around the park?Can I take the photos of my kids with the characters or do I have to use an official photographer? - if so, does the photopass+ cover this , and can i then  print at home??

We will be there for 3 days and 2 nights with my 4 children-  4,6,8,9 years of age...

Any practical tips that anyone wanted to let me know before we go, would also be appreciated- recommendations re restaurants etc

CTho1167
  • Pip

Space Ranger 1st Class

Pip

10 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:53

Hya ... in my experience we wasted many hours (2)  queuing for meet Mickey at his house and in the main st square for pics in the heat - no shade for another 2 hours ..and they are expensive. We had booked a character meal to end our holiday to make sure our grandaughter met the the characters and we are glad we did she got more than enough pics and autographs,,, we even had goofy and mickey photo bombing our other pics! was hilarious!,,, we are going on our third visit and won't be doing any waiting or paying for pics !! There are characters going about the hotels... we are in the Cheyenne next week and they are around in the mornings till breakfast ends in the lobby, we also can book breakfast at Plaza Gardens but you can only book 3 days in advance so hopefully will be able to book once we get there ..Cafe Mickey don't do it anymore, but other restaurants offer lunch & dinner with characters (just check the website under character dining) .... in my opinion if you have a decent camera on your phone or otherwise I would book a meal rather than waste park time in a line in the heat and then pay for their pics. You also meet random characters as you go round the park and they are always willing for pics, just ask or join the line which is usually shorter. Another small tip ... the parks have water fountains so buy one bottle and use these to refill, they're expensive to keep buying! Hope this helps :)

Invision Power Services, Inc. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.